Friday, November 18, 2016

Update Reflector 2 to Reflect Your iOS 10 Device!

Have you had trouble using Reflector 2 after updating your iPhone or iPad to iOS 10? I know I have! This has caused a lot of frustration, as I use Reflector 2 to demonstrate what I would like students to do on their iPads MANY times throughout the day! I contacted the AirSquirrels folks who make this magical tool, and they sent me THIS LINK. Basically, it says to do the Reflector 2 update, and it should work. :)

Turns out, that little screen that pops up whenever I'm in a classroom that says "Update Reflector now?" is actually pretty useful. :) I will be honest ... I usually click "Remind me later" on this update, and then forget about it until the next time I'm in the middle of wanting to use it ... and so I once again click "Remind me later", and ... well, you get the point. I never actually do the update! Ha!

To install the update, click the Reflector 2 icon to open it on your computer, and then click the words "Reflector 2" in the upper lefthand corner of your screen. This will open a menu, and you'll want to select "Check for Updates", then "Download and install."
Once this update is installed, you'll once again use AirPlay Mirroring to reflect your phone. Mine says "searching for Apple TVs" and my computer actually shows up as an Apple TV on Reflector.
However, once I select my computer from the menu (even though it says "Apple TV" beside it), it reflects jus fine. Wahoo! I'm so happy that this is working again. 

I know that some of you have been having issues with Reflector 2 that are related to the internet in your buildings. Unfortunately, this will probably not fix that issue. I know that our hard working tech folks are trying to find a solution to this problem. In the meantime, Ann discovered a great, easy way to project your iPad onto your computer using the lightning cord that came with your iPad or iPhone ... CLICK HERE to read her blog post and instructions.
Picture
Happy reflecting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment