Click the image to view larger.
This is a random little tidbit, but Mrs. Waller, who is teaching remote first grade and is also a mom, mentioned that she couldn't "like" ❤ her son's posts in Seesaw this year. We noticed that by default, that setting is OFF (for both students AND families). If you want your families to be able to like their child's posts, go to your Class Settings 🔧, scroll to "Families", choose "Family Likes, Comments & Shares" and toggle "Enable family likes" ON.
I loved having the opportunity to write about one of my favorite digital writing tools, WriteReader, for their blog! Check out the post I wrote here, and learn more about how we use WriteReader for writing in remote first grade.
I often want to share my iPad to my Mac so I can display what I'm doing on the iPad to my students. There are many ways to do this, including using Reflector (which I love because it's wireless), but the most consistent way I have found is using this QuickTime trick.
1. Plug your iPad into your Mac using the charging cord for your iPad
2. "Trust" the computer from your iPad
3. Open QuickTime on your Mac
4. Click File > New Movie Recording
5. The recording will default to the FaceTime camera on your iPad. You need to click on the teeny tiny little arrow and choose your iPad from the camera list: