Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Interactive Alphabet Cards Using Seesaw

These interactive sight word QR codes I made last year were a hit, so here's another set, this time featuring ABCs. The QR codes were created in Seesaw by adding a screenshot of each letter and graphic, then using the microphone tool to record my voice reading the letter name, sound and word. Once posted, Seesaw automatically generates a QR code that even has the image in the middle! Genius! These QR codes can then be printed and attached to the back of alphabet cards to create an interactive learning experience for young learners.
After I generated each post and QR code, I pulled all of the QR codes into Google Slides so I could resize and print. Here's how I got the QR codes.
If you'd like a copy of the Google Slides with these QR codes, click here. If you choose File > Make a Copy you can create your own copy of the Google Slides and resize for your purposes.

Because I tagged each post into an ABCs folder, I could also collect all of the posts into one PDF and print. The PDF has a QR code attached without the graphic in the middle, if you prefer. Here's how:
To access the PDF I generated with all images and QR codes (without images in the middle), click here.

The images I used are from this Alphabet Cards freebie from Abby Mullins. To create interactive alphabet cards, I would print these cards on card stock and then resize the QR codes to fit on the back. After attaching the correct QR code to the back of each card, I would laminate and place in a center or hang on an ABC Wall in my classroom. How would use these QR codes? Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment