Friday, September 8, 2017

Apple Clips + Pic Kids App Smash!

I discovered two awesome tools this summer that I am super excited about: 1) the Apple Clips app and 2) the doodle tool that’s now featured in the app Pic Kids. The ability to doodle, write or draw directly onto a collage opens up so many opportunities for our kids to learn and create using Pic Kids. The short Clips video below shares some ideas for integrating the doodle tool into teaching and learning.

This quick video tutorial was made using the Apple Clips app, as well as collages made in Pic Kids, then saved to the camera roll of my iPad and uploaded into the Clips app. The ability to create a collage in Pic Kids, save it, then change something small or add a little detail (without having to start over from the beginning) makes it a perfect partner for creating in Clips or other video making tools.

Your students could easily tell stories by creating illustrations in Pic Kids, then uploading and narrating using the Apple Clips app. This could also be a fun way for teachers to share information about what is happening in their classrooms (Pic Collage + Clips newsletters!), and showcase student work in their classroom. Search #ClassroomClips on Twitter for tons of Clips examples and ideas, and #PicCollageChat for more awesome ways to use the doodle tool and Pic Kids in your classrooms.

BPS teachers, submit a HelpDesk Ticket to have Pic Kids installed on your iPads for free (the upgraded app now costs $1.99).

Happy creating!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your findings about these new apps. I also love how you share possible ideas on how to utilize the apps inside the classroom for the students to use. I can see my students using the pic tool in the Pic Kids app for all types of assignments that they will be engaged in. I can see them writing sentences to pictures, creating their own stories, sequencing pictures, creating digital art, and the uses are endless! Also, I love how you gave us a sample video to show what can be created using Apple Clips and Pic Kids. I plan to have my students summarize a story in sequence and create their own stories while narrating the story during the video. Thank you for posting! I appreciate all of the wonderful technology resources you post to engage the primary students in their learning.

    -Jessica Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I'm so glad you find my blog helpful. :)

      Delete