Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Student-led Parent Conferences

The conferences held on March 30th, 31st and April 1st will be student-led parent conferences. This style of conference is very different than the traditional meeting style that was held in the fall. I think you will really enjoy it. Be sure to bring your child to the conference with you, as he or she will lead you around the room and complete tasks at different centers. More than one family may be in the room conducting a conference at the same time. This will give you an idea of how comfortable your child is with these skills, and how he interacts with his peers.

More detailed information will be in your child's red folder on 3/9/11. This will also give you information on when you should plan to attend. To offer flexibility to you, I am not scheduling a specific time. I am asking that you come on a particular day, and have given you a time frame in which to attend. Please plan to stay for around 30 minutes.

Since there will be multiple families in the room at once, we will not have a chance to talk privately about your child. If you have specific concerns that you would like to visit with me about, please contact me to schedule a meeting at another time. If you have any questions at all, please let me know! I look forward to seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment